Senior Audit Manager
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Audit Manager
£65,000 – £70,000 plus car allowance
City of London
Full Time, Permanent
A leading firm of accountants is recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager to join its award winning Not for Profit team at its office in the City of London. This role is available because of the firm’s continuing success and subsequent growth generally, and specifically within the NFP audit sector.
The role will involve working with a variety of prestigious clients within the NFP sector (including INGOs, grant makers, schools, academies, membership organisations, professional bodies and housing associations), many of whom are top 100 charities or household names.
This Top 20 firm has gone from strength to strength in recent years leading to the requirement to recruit talented, dynamic people to help the firm to continue to provide an exemplary service to its growing client base.
Senior Managers are responsible for co-ordinating their team, and for managing projects and multiple assignments in a timely and effective manner.
As Senior Audit Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of external audit clients to deliver a year-round service including building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Leading a number of audit teams and ensuring planned work is completed within the agreed budget and timescales from planning through to completion
- Act as a principal contact for your clients through the year delivering a proactive service
- Take responsibility for planning your own work and client appointments
- Preparation and presentation of reports Directors/Partners and Audit Committees/Boards
- Direct, coach and mentor audit teams to assist them in the delivery of engagements
- Be proactive in Business Development activities and developing, maintaining and monitoring your own network
- Involvement in proposals and presentations for new work
- Potential for involvement in the provision of wider assurance services to clients
- Participate in team and firm wide activities and training opportunities
This is a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to specialise and grow within the sector. You will be working alongside experienced Managers, Directors and Partners in a dynamic and growing team, within a supportive and approachable environment. Your role will be challenging and varied and you will be encouraged to take on responsibilities and offered excellent opportunities to quickly develop and progress further within the firm.
Please do apply for this role if you can satisfy the following criteria:
- Qualified ACA, ICAS or ACCA with substantial experience within a practice environment
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
- Knowledge and experience of charity audits and the NFP sector, including the Charities SORP is an advantage, although not essential
- Be able to work to tight deadlines taking responsibility for your work and multi-tasking in an organised manner
- A good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- People management and leadership skills enabling you to support, coach and mentor more junior colleagues
- An interest in the charities and NFP sector
This well-established, forward thinking firm has fully embraced modern working practices and is a great place to work and progress your career. Within this position, you will be rewarded with a good salary and benefits package, which includes a car allowance and there will be opportunities for development and career progression.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.