Please apply to email@example.com
On behalf of a successful and growing accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Audit & Accounts Senior to join the corporate services department at the firm’s Banbury office. The firm would consider recruiting an AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/ACA at Semi-Senior level with lower level of duties and responsibilities, at a salary of £25,000 -£35,000.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual to thrive and further develop within a fantastic team, where you will provide a high-quality service to clients with the minimum of supervision.
As Audit & Accounts Senior, reporting to the Departmental Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Assist Manager as part of audit and accounts team, acting as Senior on audit assignments as required
- Prepare client accounts based on information provided
- Prepare business tax computations, partnership and personal tax returns, corporation tax computations and CT600 forms
- Assist with client queries regarding aspects of their bookkeeping and other business matters as required
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets and record your own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Assist with administration tasks if necessary
- To be able to deliver ad hoc projects and assignments
- Identify points for Manager to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Bookkeeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching and supervision of their work
As Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior, the duties above will be carried out with supervision.
Please apply for this role if you can satisfy the following criteria:
- Be qualified, minimum AAT, preferably ACCA/ACA (as Audit & Accounts Semi-Senior be AAT qualified or have started studying ACCA or ACA)
- At least three years’ audit and accounts experience gained within UK practice
- Ability to prepare, conduct and supervise audits, prepare client accounts, tax, PAYE or VAT quickly and efficiently
- Strong IT skills, preferably with experience of cloud accounting software such as Xero, along with Mercia or CCH
- Be highly organised and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to attend courses that are appropriate to job role
This dynamic firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for career progression through building upon your existing knowledge and skill set.