The purpose of this role, within an award-winning , expanding practice, is to provide professional accountancy services to fee paying clients. The role will involve accounts, tax work & some auditing for a client base including limited companies and sole traders, supporting Directors & senior managers in running their portfolios.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Producing year-end accounts
- Completing self-assessments and corporate tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- Supporting the Company Directors’ clients
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues
Essential skills are:
- Recently Qualified ACCA/ACA.
- Demonstrative financial management experience.
- Legislative compliance - ability to interpret and relevant legislation to clients.
- Previous experience of working with clients in a busy accountancy practice.
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Sage, QuickBooks, Xero.
- Ideally at least 3 years’ experience within a practice environment.
- Coaching junior team members.
- Microsoft office to at least intermediate level.
- Knowledge of CCH.
- Some auditing experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
Personal characteristics required are:
- Ability to deliver a high quality accountancy service to clients.
- Strong but empathic communication skills.
- Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and clients sites when applicable.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Good team player.
This position comes with an excellent range of flexible benefits.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.