Audit Senior - Flexible Working
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Audit Senior – Oxford
Are you looking for a new and exciting position at a top 100 accountancy practice? Do you want interesting, varied client work and to be part of a team bursting with talented staff?
If this sounds of interest, we could have the perfect role for you. Our client is a Top 100 independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice with offices in Oxford and London. They have a strong focus on innovation and technology to help their clients make informed decisions on how to grow their business. Their clients range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international groups. They also have specialist teams for international businesses and property based clients.
Our client takes pride in being an employer of choice. They put their people first and are known for having a friendly and supportive team culture built around our values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise. They develop high performing teams diverse in experiences, backgrounds and ideas on the firm belief that creating better client solutions requires innovation and continuous improvement.
They have ambitious growth plans and are currently looking for an Audit Senior to join their Oxford team. Your role will be varied, challenging and hugely rewarding.
This is a full time permanent position.
This role would suit someone with a minimum of 3 year’s UK practice Audit experience. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead a variety of interesting and complex audit assignments across multiple sectors, liaising with managers and partners when required
- Prepare audit files, undertake audit planning and lead/assist with fieldwork
- Assist in work allocation and supervise more junior team members on audits, providing support, training and reviewing their work
- Ensure audit assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets agreed with Directors
- Supervise and review jobs completed by less senior members of staff
- Using accounting software to provide accurate reporting for Managers, Directors and clients
- Preparing statutory accounts and finalise accounts under the overall supervision of your Line Manager
- Preparing corporation tax computations
- Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
- Input in to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Building productive working relationships within the firm and with clients as required
- Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training
Our client can offer you:
- A friendly and supportive team environment
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
- 22 days holiday plus increases with each of service and holiday trading - the opportunity to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing and mental health programme
- Attractive modern Oxford office
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
- ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Minimum of 3 years’ UK accountancy practice experience in audit, some accounts experience is also a must
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 good A-Level results (or equivalent)
- Proven communication skills, verbal and written
- Fully fluent in English, verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel and able to pick up new IT packages very quickly
- A positive, confident and proactive attitude
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
- Able to work within procedures on job aspects which will deal with facts, standards and quality
- Xero, Sage, Caseware and CCH experience would be an advantage
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.