Our client, a highly successful practice with offices in central Wycombe, seeks a qualified Practice Accountant to join its busy team. Work levels for 2022 are looking to be unprecedented, and this firm regularly promote from within.
The purpose of the role will be to provide support for Managers and Directors in providing professional accountancy services to fee paying clients.
You will take responsibility for completing tasks within a general portfolio providing a wide range of services. You will ensure the work is accurate and produced within deadlines. The services can include financial reporting, corporate taxation, personal taxation and tax planning which will involve liaison and discussion with clients through email and face to face meetings. In addition, you will supervise more junior staff as well as preparing accounts for review.
Key duties will be:
- Liaising with clients (individuals and businesses) and providing financial information and advice
- Producing year-end accounts
- Completing self-assessments and corporate tax returns
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information for small businesses (accountancy)
- Supporting the Company Directors’ clients
- Supporting and mentoring junior colleagues
- Looking at tax planning opportunities for current clients
- Supporting SME owners in the growth of their business through pro-active advice and guidance.
Essential attributes are:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA or QBE.
- Demonstrated financial management experience.
- Legislative compliance - ability to interpret and relevant legislation to clients.
- Previous experience of working with clients in a busy accountancy practice.
- Good knowledge of accounting systems e.g. Xero, QuickBooks, Sage.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.