Corporate Tax Manager
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Corporate Tax Manager
£48,000 – £52,000
Full Time, Permanent
Are you currently an Assistant Tax Manager looking for your next step? A Corporate Tax Manager role with a leading Top 20 accountancy practice has become available, which may be just what you are looking for. This dynamic firm has been enjoying continued growth, hence the need to build the tax team at the West Midlands office.
The firm’s focus is not only directed towards providing an exemplary service to its clients, but also taking care of its employees through training, support and career progression opportunities.
You will work closely with the tax partners delivering UK and cross-border special and project-based work and overseeing larger or more complex compliance work with a portfolio of existing clients, ranging from owner-managed companies to quoted groups. You will also be involved in business development initiatives and working with the team to generate new work.
As Corporate Tax Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Leading work on UK and cross-border tax advisory projects, reporting to tax partners, including, group reorganisations, demergers, due diligence, international expansion, advice on financing arrangements
- Overseeing compliance work on larger or more complex clients
- Assistance with R&D reviews, capital allowances projects and other compliance related planning
- Developing relationships with clients and contacts
- Identifying opportunities to take additional services to clients and contacts, including VAT, personal taxes, payroll taxes, corporate finance support etc.
- Identifying areas requiring improvement in the client’s business processes and possible recommendations for the client
- Taking primary responsibility for financial performance on your client and project work
- Coaching members of staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately and providing on-the-job training for developing colleagues
- Consistently treating colleagues with fairness and respect, helping to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute and succeed
The skills, experience and attributes requirements for this role are:
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification
- Significant corporate tax experience on a range of advisory and compliance projects, gained within a practice environment
- Solid understanding and application of UKGAAP accounting fundamentals
- Positive approach and a passion for client service
- A track record of developing new work
- Solution-based approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing and able to act as a role model for members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching
Along with a competitive salary and great benefits package, this forward-thinking firm will offer the successful candidate a friendly, supportive working environment and the opportunity to thrive and develop further alongside other exceptional professionals.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.