Senior Accountant (Practice)
Please apply to email@example.com
Our client, a well-established accountancy firm in Oxfordshire, is recruiting for a Senior Accountant to take ownership of and manage a portfolio of owner managed businesses in a client facing role. With the support of a director, this is essentially a Client Manager role where you will be providing high quality accounting and tax services and advice to clients, ensuring that their accountancy needs are met.
This firm will offer a fantastic working environment and a ‘no overtime’ culture which enables a good work/life balance and the chance to gain up to four extra days holiday through meeting quarterly targets in addition to holiday awards for long service, up to 5 days per annum. This is also a firm that encourages career progression to those that have the appetite and there is a route map to full directorship, if desired.
As Senior Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership and management of a portfolio of clients, predominantly owner managed companies
- Client facing role – being the main point of contact for these clients
- Accounts for clients – planning, reviewing and meeting and finalisation
- Advising and giving guidance to clients on their accounts and other related matters
- Remuneration planning
- Overview of VAT returns / management accounts
- Being the main contact for your clients in regards corporation tax and personal tax services and review of these returns
- Assisting in the training / support of trainees
- Supporting the directors with more technical tasks
A comprehensive induction process is in place, and you will be supported throughout, and training given where required, including software training and formal management training.
Please do apply for this role if you can satisfy the following criteria:
- Significant accounts experience gained within an accountancy practice is essential
- Ideally newly qualified ACA/ACCA, although a finalist or exceptional qualified by experience accountant would be considered
- Excellent IT skills with experience of accounting software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Be a proactive self-starter and also an effective team player with a strong customer focus, to effectively look after clients’ needs
- A strong commercial approach
- Ability to efficiently manage a portfolio of work in progress
- Confident, positive professional with a can-do attitude and attention to detail
In return for your skills, experience and commitment, this successful accountancy firm will offer a competitive salary, pension, income protection scheme, independently run management training, free car parking, paid appropriate subscriptions and the opportunity to further develop your career.