Accounts & Audit Senior
On behalf of our client, an expanding Top 20 accountancy practice, we are recruiting for an Audit & Accounts Senior to join the firm’s team at its office in Amersham. The role will focus on delivering high quality audit and accountancy services to a diverse portfolio of clients.
Reporting to managers and partners, the key responsibilities of the Audit & Accounts Senior will be to:
- Ensure planning of assignments in accordance with agreed procedures, including tailoring of programmes and updating file information and system notes
- Supervise and manage work of junior team members, provide technical assistance, undertake post-assignment appraisals and assist Managers/Partners with feedback
- Attend to the preparation of client financial statements ensuring compliance with prescribed legislation and standards
- Liaise with other departments within the Amersham office and across other locations to ensure the timely exchange of relevant, client information
- Contribute to the provision of excellent client service by identifying efficiency-savings and maintaining effective client communication
- Recognise opportunities to help clients develop their businesses and maximise their potential
- Identify opportunities for the firm to provide additional services and liaise with Managers/Partners as appropriate
- The potential to participate in promotional activities run by the firm
To be considered for this role, applicants will have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably be ACA or ACCA qualified with previous practice experience
- Up to date knowledge and experience of audit & accounting standards
- Proven ability of helping to deliver cost-effective, efficient audits
- Broad knowledge of business taxation
- Good, all-round knowledge of Microsoft Office, audit software and accounting packages
- Professional and approachable manner with effective communication skills
- Work well under time pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Organised individual who understands the importance of delivering excellent client service
- Car driver with full, clean licence is preferred
In return, the Audit & Accounts Senior will receive a competitive salary with good benefits, ongoing support and training and a friendly working environment.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.