Accounts & Audit Senior
Please apply to email@example.com
On behalf of our client, a well-established and forward-thinking accountancy practice in Maidenhead, we are recruiting for an Accounts & Audit Senior to join the dynamic team. The role will encompass year-end accounts preparation, corporation tax work and leading audit assignments for manager and partner review.
This firm is currently going through an exciting phase of expansion and as such, it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have potential for career progression to manager level.
Reporting to the Audit Partner and the Business Services Partner, the Accounts & Audit Senior will have the following responsibilities:
- Accounts preparation for clients, primarily small and medium sized enterprises including limited companies, LLPs, partnerships, charities and sole traders
- Leading audits; assist with pre audit planning with manager and partner, attend client premises for each audit assignment at planning and field work stage, and presenting the audit files for manager review with key audit findings to be communicated to the client manager and/or partner
- Communicate directly with clients, partners and support staff on all matters to ensure all queries are discussed and unresolved matters are brought to the attention of client managers or partner
- Establish strong and successful relationships with accounts and audit clients; maintain and develop existing as well as new customers and identify cross selling service opportunities
- Ensure the client control schedule has been updated accurately at all stages of the assignment, from the receipt of client records through to job completion
- Motivate and train junior members of staff, keeping key staff informed when cover is required due to study or holiday leave ensuring a seamless service for clients
- Document and test audit clients’ systems and controls notes
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills through continued study
- Maintain and uphold the professional ethical standards of the company and legal regulations purporting to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Support managers or partners at lunchtime monthly networking meetings
Some audit assignments are not local and where audit clients are located at non commutable distances from the office, overnight accommodation will be arranged as necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer.