Please apply to email@example.com
A well-established accountancy practice is recruiting for a Payroll Advisor to join the firm’s payroll team within the corporate service department. This role is available due to continued growth and will be based at the firm’s Banbury office to provide a high-quality payroll service to clients.
As Payroll Advisor, reporting to the Payroll Bureau Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare clients weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annual PAYE in a consistently timely and accurate manner
- Processing CIS and off payroll worker payrolls
- Liaise with H.M. Revenue & Customs for PAYE queries
- Liaising with clients and advising on legislation that impact PAYE
- Follow internal procedures and processes to maximise profitability and efficiency of individual assignments
- Escalate issues to manager where appropriate considering that prompt resolution of queries is a high priority
- Conform to RTI regulations in terms of online submittal of FPS and EPS in conjunction with clients
- Involvement with auto enrolment as and where appropriate, incorporating discussions with internal wealth planning teams
- Electronic filing using payroll software and HMRC website
- Forward client mail connected with PAYE
- Processing of BACS payments through the CreDec system
- Attend relevant training courses and develop your skills to ensure up to date knowledge and best practice
We welcome applications from candidates with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with primary responsibility for payroll administration end to end processing, preferably within a practice or payroll bureau environment
- In depth Payroll knowledge including furlough, statutory rates, year-end procedures and specialist payrolls such as directors’ payroll etc.
- Experience working with time and attendance, payroll and HRMC systems
- Good educational background, preferably with an accounting or payroll qualification
- Have strong IT skills and knowledge of payroll systems preferably IRIS and Xero Payroll
- Be organised with a keen eye for detail
- Have excellent communication skills
This highly successful firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits and a friendly, supportive working environment. You will have the opportunity to attend relevant training courses and develop your skills to ensure up to date knowledge and best practice.