Agriculture and Property manager
Please apply to email@example.com
Our client, a well-established Accountancy firm, seeks an Agricultural and Property Manager to manage a portfolio of key rural business clients and drive the delivery of tailored accounting and tax planning solutions to these clients. Building relationships will allow you to effectively deliver projects and grow members of the Agricultural and Property team.
- To provide exceptional levels of service to rural business clients on a wide variety of areas, on a cost effective & timely basis.
- Responding to client queries, and those from third parties (e.g. HMRC) in a timely manner.
- Seeking to gain experience/ progress role and those of other staff by seeking to take more advanced work from partners and delegating more routine work to others, thereby aiding cost-effectiveness and adding to interest/ training of all within the team.
- Developing knowledge of clients and their businesses as to become their point of contact on day-to-day matters.
- Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by more junior staff. Includes corporate and unincorporated clients.
- Assisting with the management of the Agriculture and Property Department to meet departmental objectives through planning. This includes completing staff appraisals, monitoring and effective delegation, utilising the skills and knowledge within the existing team and sourcing additional knowledge.
- Completing staff appraisal forms providing feedback (good and bad) and training as required.
- Seeking to identify business and tax planning opportunities, VAT issues, NIC issues, business planning points, etc as part of the review process. Drawing to attention of partners/ client as appropriate. Preparation of necessary reports/ computations etc, liaising with other professional advisers as required.
- Assisting partners with specific assignments- e.g. business planning, advisory and tax matters.
- Assisting partners in controlling WIP within the section by progressing work to completion/ billing point swiftly. Liaising with partners re WIP and raising bills/ assisting as required.
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and ensuring these are met- e.g. company reporting, P11ds, tax returns, etc
- Ensuring work is planned and progressed in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner by liaising with Partners and supervising staff.
Critical Skills Required
- Ability to review and complete accounts files quickly and efficiently
- Ability to review and complete personal tax returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolution skills and ideas generation ability
- Strong marketing, networking and business development skills
- Pro-active management skills, resulting in high performance teams
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In-depth accounts preparation knowledge
- Knowledge of accounting systems and their uses and benefits
Essential: ACA or ACCA Qualification, Degree or equivalent experience
Desirable: CTA or equivalent tax qualification
Required: Minimum of 3 years Accounts and Tax experience within a Practice environment
Experience at manager level within a Practice environment is desirable, as is experience with rural business or related services
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical - quick thinker
- Live within commuting distance of Kettering
- Work outside normal hours as required
- Travel to clients and other locations as required
Our client can offer a highly competitive salary, pension, flexible working hours (37.5/week), a generous benefits package, medical cash plan, Bupa healthcare, real opportunity for progression and a fantastic culture with many socials. You would also enjoy the chance to network at a range of events including country shows and dinners, as well as receiving full support and ongoing training for your personal development and to keep up to date with tax changes and the latest agricultural news.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.