Please apply to email@example.com
Our client, a Top 20 accountancy firm is looking to recruit an Audit Senior to join the audit/assurance team at its Reading office. This role will predominantly involve audit (approximately 80%) accounts work and also assurance projects including governance and risk reviews.
Within this role, the Audit Senior will have the following responsibilities:
- Undertaking statutory audits, being involved in all stages of the audit from planning, to onsite fieldwork and completion
- Show initiative and a willingness to take responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment within the agreed budget and within deadlines
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on-site work is completed
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development, and complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment
- Review and assist in the preparation of client accounts
- Adhere to deadlines and keep the manager/partner informed of progress at all times
- Take responsibility for own work, prioritising as necessary and keep technically up to date
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required
We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic and have the desire to further their career with a dynamic, forward-thinking firm.
To be considered for this position, you will satisfy the following criteria:
- Be qualified ACA or ACCA with at least three years’ experience gained within practice
- The ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients’ sites, including liaison with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the audit process
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong technical knowledge of auditing and accounting standards
- Act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you feel that you have what it takes, this firm will offer you a good salary and benefits package, a supportive working environment and excellent potential for career progression.
We are an equal opportunity employer