Tax Associate Director
Our client, a Top 100 Accountancy practice, has an excellent opportunity for a Tax Accountant to join the firm, with a clear route to Director. This is a strategic hire for the firm.
This full-time role would ideally be based in the Oxford office with occasional travel to London. A London based candidate would also be considered provided they could travel to the Oxford office for a minimum of 2 days each week, and perhaps be based between the two.
Assistance towards relocation will be considered.
About the role
We are looking for a driven and ambitious team player with a strong technical background to deliver a wide range of personal and corporate tax advisory services.The plan is for this person to progress to Director provided they demonstrate strong technical ability and the ability to grow the business, generating new clients and leads. The current Head of Corporate Tax is looking to retire and the Head of Personal Tax is moving from a management role into a more specialist field. This Associate Director/Director Designate role has been created to lead and grow the tax division, playing a key role in our client’s longer term business strategy.
Reporting to the Managing Director, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Manage and grow a varied portfolio of tax consultancy clients
- Advise clients on a full range of personal tax services including CGT, international tax, property tax, tax returns, trusts & estates, IHT, NIC and/or employment related securities taxation and fee protection insurance.
- Advise clients on a full range of corporate tax services including group re-organisations and restructurings, incorporations, international tax, income extraction, tax mitigation, R&D claims and EMI & EIS schemes
- Review more complex corporate and personal tax returns and computations
- Line manage and develop the tax team
What we are looking for
This role would ideally suit a Senior Tax professional from a medium sized or mid-tier firm looking for the opportunity to step up into an Associate Director role with a Directorship and equity career path.
- Demonstrable experience of personal, corporate and business tax advisory
- Strong international tax advice knowledge and experience e.g. double taxation relief, transfer pricing and capitalisation
- Significant experience managing a tax team
- ATT or CTA qualified; in addition preferably ACA/ACCA qualified
Reward & Benefits
In addition to a clear progression route to becoming a Director of the firm, this role comes with a very competitive salary and flexible benefits package. Benefits include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, holiday trading, 5x salary death in service life assurance, pension scheme, retail discount scheme and flexible working. There will also be a tailored bonus plan.
Assistance towards relocation costs will be considered.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.