On behalf of our client, a well-established accountancy practice in Maidenhead, we are recruiting for an experienced Tax Accountant/Assistant to join the firm’s tax team. This vacancy has become available due to the ongoing growth of this successful company.
Within this role, the Tax Accountant/Assistant will take on the following responsibilities:
- Client management and building relationships to ensure high quality service
- Prepare and finalise tax return work for review
- Day-to-day planning and organisation of the tax department
- Advising clients of relevant tax and financial planning opportunities as they arise
- Recording and billing fees for tax work carried out
- Provide support to clients and liaise with the Manager
This highly professional firm would prefer to employ someone on a full-time basis, however, part-time may be considered for the right applicant, working a minimum of 20 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be qualified, part-qualified or qualified by experience and will satisfy the following criteria:
- Experience within a similar role within a practice environment
- Confident, enthusiastic, well organized and able to prioritise workload
- Good IT skills; MS Office and preferably IRIS Personal Tax and IRIS Practice Management (training will be provided)
- A keen attention to detail
- Effective working alone and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This dynamic firm will offer the Tax Accountant/Assistant a competitive salary (depending upon experience), an excellent benefits package and a friendly, cooperative working environment, including agile working.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.