We are recruiting for a Semi-Senior Accountant on behalf of a well-established, boutique accountancy practice in Northampton. This position has become available due to retirement and as such, this opportunity could suit different people with different levels of experience and allow for someone to gain experience if other areas if desired. However a minimum requirement is 2 years' experience gained within an accountancy firm.
This firm provides accountancy and tax services to a range of clients from sole traders and individuals through to multi-million-pound companies.
As Semi-Senior Accountant your responsibilities could include:
- Statutory accounts preparation
- VAT returns and personal tax returns
- Management accounts preparation as required
- Liaising with clients
- Involvement with audit work if desired
- Assisting with other work as required
We welcome applications from enthusiastic people with the following skills, experience and attributes:
- At least two years’ experience gained within a practice environment
- Ideally be studying for an accountancy qualification, AAT, ACCA or ACA
- Bookkeeping and accounts preparation experience
- Some tax and/or audit experience would be an advantage, although not essential
- Be IT literate with experience of accounting software; IRIS, Xero and Sage or similar
- Be an excellent communicator
This firm will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary and benefits package, a study support package, a friendly, supportive working environment, and the opportunity to further develop your skills and experience whilst working towards becoming a qualified accountant.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.