P/T Payroll Administrator
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a growing Accountancy practice, seeks a part-time payroll administrator (25-30 hrs/week) to delight those clients that trust them to do their payroll and ensure they are able to pay their employees on time and accurately.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, the role involves:
- Support the Payroll Manager in the preparation and submission of the monthly/ weekly UK payrolls through collating, calculating, and entering data into the payroll system and excel spreadsheets
- Process starter/leavers, maternity, paternity, sickness and pension autoenrolment and opt-outs with various pension providers • Processing of complete payroll cycle and all related tasks (FPS/EPS/ P45s)
- Assist with completion of the end of year payroll related duties (P60s)
- Build a relationship with clients, working with them to ensure smooth running of processes to ensure accurate and timely information • Responsible for maintaining strong, approachable relationships with clients
- Setting up and agreeing payroll schedules with clients
- Providing assistance to Payroll Manager in regard to any payroll queries from clients
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation to provide support and training both to the internal team and clients
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development plan processes
- Able to organise own workload without letting any deadlines slip
The following experience is required:
- Experience of working within a busy payroll bureau or complex in-house payroll function
- Good knowledge of UK payroll legislation to be able to run client payrolls
- MS Office applications - Word, Excel, Outlook
Personal attributes required are:
- Good at managing deadlines and workload prioritisation ('multi-tasking’)
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- A 'can do’ attitude, including taking ideas, communicating these throughout the team
- Be a good team player demonstrating commitment and respect to other team members
After an initial period of training, it will be possible for this role to be conducted on a hybrid basis if desired.
We also have full-time payroll opportunities in the Maidenhead area. Salary quoted is FTE.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.