Personal Tax Manager
This role is based in our top 100 practice client's luxurious Oxford office, with flexible working and part or full-time hours available.
The main focus of this role is to manage workflow of the tax team and to continuously review their current way of working and successfully implement improvements. Our client is therefore looking for someone who is innovative and enjoys bringing about changes that benefit the wider organisation.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Manage compliance workflow for the personal tax team - monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
- Work in accordance with defined systems and procedures as well as challenging the status quo where there may be a more efficient or better way of doing things. Recommend systems and implement process improvements.
- Build long lasting client relationships. Develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice.
- Liaise and negotiate with HMRC on behalf of clients. Respond to HMRC enquiries.
- Review prepared tax returns
- Participate in business development and marketing activities including networking in the business community to develop own external profile and the brand
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and networking
- Input in to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Liaise and collaborate with the compliance team and other departments on client matters, identifying cross-selling opportunities
- Promote the interests of the firm to clients, prospective clients and other third parties;
- Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
- Line manage, develop and mentor junior staff including overseeing work and assisting team members to support their performance and career development
- Proactively manage a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients and support Partners with compliance work and ad hoc tax advisory work as required, ensuring compliance with Revenue and in-house deadlines.
- Responsible for billing own portfolio and managing own WIP
- Lead potential new clients meetings bringing them on board
What our client can offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a retail discount scheme
- Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- A wellbeing programme with regular events and activities focused on your physical and mental wellbeing
- Participation in our Management Development Programme as soon as you start
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Comprehensive induction and buddy to help you get up to speed in your first few months
- Regular company and team social events throughout the year
- A light and airy, recently refurbished spacious modern office
- Charity fundraising events
- A minimum of 5 years UK practice personal tax experience with some managerial experience
- CTA and/or STEP qualified
- Strong client relationship skills
- Proven project management and collaborative leadership skills
- Demonstrate good judgement of risk and be commercially minded
- Experience and willingness to network and develop new business leads
- Extensive experience in cooperating with HMRC
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
- A positive, confident and proactive attitude
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.