An opportunity has arisen within one of Oxford's healthcare charities for a Payroll/HR officer 18 hours/week. This is a small, friendly charity with an excellent reputation for service.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the role will involve:
- Using Sage to payroll staff but also using Excel spreadsheets and information provided
- Manual calculations are also required
- The usual payroll aspects, deductions, pension, holidays whilst also producing P45/P60’s
- Ensuring that accurate information is inputted for monthly payroll but also having the ability to question things if it does not look right
- Ensuring that employment contracts are properly signed, maintained, and dealing with employment contracts.
- Ensuring that extra hours worked are properly approved
- Introduce where needed updated payroll legislation and be aware
- Make any changes where necessary for staff information
- General involvement in HR requirements working alongside CEO and Finance Manager
- Support the full employee lifecycle- induction and follow up at work.
- Ensure successful inductions into the business
- Supporting with payroll and benefits
- Assist with company social events
- Support with H&S and facilities
- Maintaining employee records
- Assist with third party relationships such a recruitment agencies and benefit providers
- Supporting with all Internal training requirements working with outsource training consultant to ensure all training is coordinated efficiently.
- Maintain up to date training records (currently on Kronos software) and ensure staff and management are aware of upcoming or overdue training updates.
- Familiar with the GDPR requirements.
- Ensure that staff has valid working permission to work in the UK.
- Prepare a quarterly reports to CEO and committees
- Ensure all managers have appropriately detailed understanding of the full range of employee relations policies, practices, and employment law in order to manage risk.
- Generate invoices for clients and rented consultants.
- Input income entries into Sage accounting and reconcile it every month
- Check the income generated from Coffee shop
- Credit control - ensuring that customers are settling their account as agreed.
- Deposit incoming funds
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.