Part-Qualified Accountant, Practice
Our award-winning top 100 Practcie Client seeks a part-qualified ACA or ACCA or equivalent Accountant with previous experience of working within an Accountancy firm to join their Banbury team.
The purpose of the role will be to provide support for the Managers and Directors in supplying professional accountancy services to fee paying clients. The services can include financial reporting, corporate taxation, personal taxation & planning, audit and assurance.
Key duties/responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of clients to be reviewed by Managers / Directors.
- Ensure that necessary adjustments are made to accounts after review and prior to finalisation with the client.
- Job tracking and management to include preparation of draft documents.
- Preparation of tax computations for review.
- Bookkeeping for specified clients, on occasion with the necessity to travel to client premises.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegation of analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including review of work once completed.
- Highlight any deficiencies with client records or areas for concern to Managers / Directors and recommend actions for improvement.
- Be part of a team undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadlines.
Candidates should of course be numerate, with strong IT skills and
- Previous working knowledge of Sage and QuickBooks.
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel.
- Experience of working with CCH / Xero
- Self-driven with a results-oriented with a positive outlook and the desire to learn and develop, candidates should have the commitment and desire to complete the relevant accountancy qualifications
- Good communication skills both verbal and written including ability to take notes
- Interested in working with different clients in varying business sectors
- Mobile and flexible to work in other Company offices and client’s sites when applicable.
Benefits package currently under review but includes 25 days' holiday + Pension.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.