Manager, Corporate Audit
As a qualified Accountant, Managers in our leading practice client's Audit division are required to lead teams on a range of Audit assignments. This role requires a particular specialism in corporates.
- To perform audits from planning, fieldwork & completion within agreed budget for the assignment, taking on responsibility for ownership and completion of each audit assignment.
- Act as the principal contact for the client during the on-site fieldwork and follow up on client queries once on site work is completed.
- Manage on-site teams and assist in the supervision and development of more junior staff, providing training where appropriate and ensuring work is appropriately allocated according to the team members abilities and development complete job review forms for all junior staff on the same assignment.
- To prepare statutory financial statements for clients, generally from the client’s management accounts.
- To research technical issues that arise and provide potential solutions for review Partners / Directors.
- To adhere to deadlines, including prompt notification to the partner where problems are likely to arise or as they arise on each assignment.
- Can identify where other experts in the firm can provide relevant services to respond to client business needs.
- Manage work in progress and billing on client assignments.
- Undertake additional duties as reasonably required.
- Experience in working with complex groups, reporting structures and liaising with component auditors is highly desirable.
Behaviours & attributes:
Organised, qualified ACA/ACCA, experience of a wide range of businesses, approachable, mentoring skills, team ethos.
Working with clients
Companies and Groups up to £100m revenue including international businesses and listed companies.
You will develop a practical awareness of the clients’ operations and will make sure that the day-to-day delivery of the work runs smoothly and will escalate any issues, if needs be.
Client care & adding value
You ensure all client requests are dealt with promptly and that any issues are raised quickly and dealt with efficiently and effectively. You take ownership to resolve problems quickly in a proactive and friendly manner.
This role also attracts a bonus and comprehensive benefits.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.