HR & HSQE Manager
This role reports into the MD of a highly successful construction - sector company. Their expertise and products prolong the life of major capital projects and result in safer specs all round.
They seek an HR and HSQE Manager who can provide HR and Health & Safety expertise throughout the firm. Salary will be adjusted according to experience and qualifications but could be from £35K to £40K, possibly more for an exceptional candidate.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
To provide HR support and guidance to the business through
- Employee relations, including managing absence, the disciplinary process, grievances and sickness
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes
- Learning and development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams
- Training: Implementing the training and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement
- Recruitment and retention: managing talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Reward advice and supporting employees on company benefits
- Creation and implementation of new HR policies, procedures and processes
To provide HSQE guidance and support to the business through:
- Creating or reviewing health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws through inspections and audits.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and implement control measures.
- Manage worker’s compensation claims.
- Coordinate the inspection of machinery and equipment to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Implement and complete the internal audit schedule and manage the resulting action points
- Hold responsibilities under ISO9001, managing and supporting the ISO 9001 system
- Assist the company obtaining ISO14001 and ISO18001 accreditation and then hold responsibilities for both going forward.
- To produce accurate HR & HSQE reports to specific deadlines.
- Liaise with all external bodies relevant to the role, including, external auditors, HSE, insurance companies and recruitment agencies
- Supervision of staff
Benefits include a company pension and structured company-wide bonus.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.