Our client is an FM supplier to blue chip companies throughout the uk.
The business is looking to appoint a commercially astute Facilities Manager with a real focus on managing contract agreements and all commercial terms with external suppliers. The Facilities Manager will strategically plan, manage and execute the delivery of soft services working with a team of colleagues and third-party service partners.
The ideal candidate will be articulate, with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives within a business where exquisite standards are paramount and where a collaborative drive for continuous improvement underpins all work delivered.
- Strategic management of housekeeping, planned and reactive maintenance, Pest control and waste management services as well as Trauma service.
- Managing budgets with an emphasis on introducing new ideas on cost control and/or savings and seeking efficiencies from services.
- Support with the procurement of services.
- Reviewing contract agreements, commercial terms, and SLA's/KPI's.
- Mobilising new contracts and service partners.
- Ensuring legislative compliance and implementing industry best practices.
- Promoting a positive wellbeing, health, safety and environmental culture and leading by example.
- Ensuring service partners operate in line with relevant legislation and industry codes of practice.
- Ensuring continuity of service delivery via forward planning according to seasonal variations and business demands.
- Holding regular meetings with service partners.
- Preparing specifications for additional and/or ad-hoc works for service partner costing.
- Ensuring completion and review of all risk and COSHH assessments and method statements.
- Notifying Corporate, Legal & Finance of all works conducted by a service partners or third parties for insurance purposes.
- Evaluating the performance and conduct of employees and service partners in following preventive measures pertaining to health & safety and environmental.
- Plan the out of hours rota and cover during holidays
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as a Soft Services FM specialist within a corporate, high-end environment.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Memberships of the Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management (MIWFM).
- Technical Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (TechIOSH).
- Considerable experience within Cleaning Services to include Waste Management, Housekeeping, Hygiene and Pest Control.
- Experience working within planned and reactive maintenance.
- Strong stakeholder and process management skills.
- Adaptable within a fast paced and often demanding environment where exemplary standards are the norm.
- Previous accountability for large third-party services/supplier budgets.
- Experience supporting the procurement of services is highly advantageous.
This position beings with it a team bonus, nest pension and 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.