Our Oxford client is a top 100 accountancy practice with with outstanding Training and Development. They are able to provide interesting and varied client work, and an environment of likeminded enthusiastic and talented people.
With a strong focus on using technology to give clients insight and information to help them make decisions on how to grow their business, they have ambitious growth plans even following a recent merger. Currently recruiting for an Accounts Junior or Semi-Senior to join the dedicated Audit and Accounts Compliance team in our Oxford office.
Benefits include full funding and support to continue studying the ACCA/ACA qualification, including study leave, and time off for exams plus potential to assist with training contract clawbacks.
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- A Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance and help
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits package
- 30 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service, plus holiday trading where you can buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Supportive and fun team environment
- Regular company and team social events throughout the year
- Corporate fundraising events
- Light and airy, recently refurbished modern offices in central Oxford
- Online Employee Retail Discount Scheme
- Contribution based pension scheme & life assurance
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
This role would suit someone with a minimum 1 year’s UK practice experience. Full training and support will be given to further develop your skills and abilities for a long-term career within our practice.
- Building productive working relationships within the firm and with clients as required
- Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training and formal qualifications
- Using accounting software to provide accurate reporting for Managers, Directors and clients
- Preparing monthly and quarterly management accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Maintaining client confidentiality and ensure data security at all times
- Producing profit and loss accounts and balance sheets
- Preparing basic tax computations and returns e.g. corporation tax, VAT
- Completing working papers including preparing bank reconciliations, other reconciliations and manual control accounts
- Preparing statutory accounts and finalise accounts under the overall supervision of your Line Manager
- Assisting more senior members of staff on Audit to include, for example, checking bank reconciliations, verifying fixed asset additions and disposals, attending at stock takes, preparing profit and loss schedules and verifying expenditure to invoices, setting up audit files, drawing up lease schedules, assisting with the preparation of analytical review schedules and assisting with the audit of debtors and creditors.
- Educated to A Level or higher e.g. degree
- If you are a school leaver - you must have a minimum of 3 A Levels at grades B, B, C or better
- You must have at least 1 years’ experience in a UK accountancy practice and have already started AAT/ACCA/ACA training
- Proven communication skills, verbal and written
- Fully fluent in English, verbal and written
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong IT skills, specifically Excel and able to pick up new IT packages very quickly
- A positive, confident and proactive attitude
- Create a positive impression with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
- Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
- Able to work within procedures on job aspects which will deal with facts, standards and quality
- Xero, Sage, Caseware and CCH experience would be an advantage.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.