On behalf of our client, a prestigious accountancy practice in the Central London, we are looking to recruit an Audit Semi-Senior. The firm is looking for a talented, part-qualified candidate to provide audit and financial reporting services to a diverse range of corporate and entrepreneurial clients.
You will have had good all-round audit and accounts exposure and be looking for a dynamic, Central London firm in order to progress your career.
As Audit Semi-Senior your key responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of statutory financial statements from trial balance or primary records
- Preparation of working papers to support audit work and financial statements including lead schedules, checklists and statutory reviews
- Audit of financial statements by way of sample testing and analytical review
- Review of audit and accounts work undertaken by junior members of the team
- Visiting client’s premises to carry out audit work where necessary, including stock take attendances
- Liaising with clients as and when necessary to carry out work including audit and accounting queries
- Performing an advisory role to a portfolio of clients
- Working solely or as part of a team on audits and accounts preparation assignments in respect of small, medium & large companies
- Meeting both internal & external deadlines
- The role is 80% in-house although a large part of that time will be spent communicating with clients
- Reporting on a regular basis to Managers and Directors for auditing and accounting
To be considered for this position, applicants will satisfy the following:
- Part-qualified ACA or ACCA (approximately 18 months from qualification) or an AAT finalist with exemptions
- Have at least two years’ experience in public practice working with corporate clients in a mixed audit and accountancy role
- Experience of planning and completing audit and accounts preparation assignments
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage own tasks, good time management and able to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills, with CaseWare experience being a definite advantage
This firm will offer the Audit Semi-Senior a competitive salary, full study support to complete professional qualification and a supportive working environment, within which, the right person can thrive.
The firm’s benefits are:
- 31 holidays per annum (including 8 bank and public holidays and 3 days given between Christmas and New Year)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Corporate rate gym membership
- Voluntary group Dental Insurance
Some of the above will apply after a qualifying period.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.