Audit & Accounts Senior
COMPETITIVE SALARY - DETAILS ON APPLICATION
Reporting to the Audit and Accounts Manager and Partners, this position is designed to provide a high level of service to various audit clients. The main purpose of the role is to ensure compliance with GAPP and practical guidance is provided on regulatory matters such as tax and VAT regulations, requirements of UK law and the principles of good governance. You will also be responsible for the preparation of year end accounts; preparation of tax returns and providing business advice to clients. This role will evolve to take full responsibility for a portfolio of such clients.
Main Duties are:
- Managing audits both in but primarily out of the office using a computerised audit system
- To supervise and assist junior team members both in house and off site
- To delegate and review work of junior team members; including audit files, draft documentation, accounts and corporation tax computations
- Liaison with and dealing with client queries
- To attend client meetings
- Ensure client engagement documentation is up to date
- Drafting of client invoices and to chase outstanding invoices
- Regular review of client WIP and debtor
- To assist in the preparation of proposals for new work, where necessary
- To act as a mentor for junior team members and provide day to day training
- Attendance at marketing events
- Preparation of accounts for a variety of small clients.
- Preparation of all draft documents including letter of representation and minutes
- Arrange for tax computation to be prepared by the tax team and provides them with all the data which they have requested, along with a drafted tax comp. Subsequently posts tax journals and update the accounts file for the tax computation received.
- Highlights any deficiencies in client records provided or in the conduct of the client’s business which are material or a cause for concern and recommends action to client to improve matters.
- To ensure necessary adjustments are made to accounts before they are finalised and that disclosure checklists are completed.
- Management accounts preparation
- Delegate analysis work to more junior staff and monitor progress, including reviewing work once complete.
- Travelling to client premises as required and to deal with clients in a professional manner either in person, telephone or by email.
- Providing advice to owner managers on both business and personal matters
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Previous experience in practice
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Experience of completing audit and accounts work for a variety of business entities
- Possess a high level of technical knowledge combined with excellent commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to the audience
- Proficient in the use of using a computerised audit systems
- Competent in Microsoft office, including Excel and Word
- Ability to identify commercial and professional risks and ensure these are managed effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload in order to achieve work deadlines
- Project a professional manner and appearance at all times
- Track record of successfully managing, motivating and leading junior staff on assignments
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Driver with access to a car
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.