Our client is one of the fastest growing independent accounting and business advisory firms in the UK and is listed as a Top 100 Accountancy Firm by Accountancy Age.
The firm provides tailored audit, accounting, payroll, taxation and business advice across diverse sectors including academy schools, agriculture, landed estates, international, not for profit, property and development and professional services.
Our client works closely with their clients to deliver carefully planned, clever solutions that are bespoke to their circumstances and designed to enable their success.
They provide a friendly working environment, challenging client work and great career opportunities. Due to internal promotions and Firm growth, they are currently looking for an Accounts Senior to join them on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join this thriving rural business services team
The true benefit for working with our client is the culture and values driven environment which promotes sustainable development for all our talented people. This has generated fantastic careers from trainee to partner and everything in between.
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced Employer Pension Contribution
- 23 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Use of our benefits platform
- Unique Branded Cashback Card
- Life assurance
- Flexible working structure: Flex-e
- Healthcare Medical Cash Plan
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Taking responsibility and ownership of your own work and deadline management. This feeds into the budgets on compliance work. Constant communication is essential.
- Take responsibility as "Lead staff" for a small portfolio of clients, being their day to day point of contact and ensuring the work runs smoothly, being a key link between manager and client and identifying additional work that can be billed.
- Preparation and review of accounts, VAT returns and tax computations from client records, for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies.
- Assisting clients with their financial record keeping, which is increasingly moving to Cloud-based solutions.
- Preparation of corporation tax returns, personal tax returns, capital gains tax computations, IHT and other specific actions where necessary (additional training will be provided if needed).
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Supporting managers and partners as part of a focussed client service team, which will include responding to client queries in a professional and timely manner and assisting with ad-hoc advisory work.
- Training and mentoring junior members of the team.
Key skills are:
- ACA / ACCA fully or part-qualified, or AAT qualified (or equivalent experience)
- Experience of preparing accounts and related business tax computations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willingness to learn and consider the bigger picture
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.