This is an opportunity for a qualified (or strong QBE) Accounts Senior to join the Kettering office of this well-established Accountancy firm. Applicants for Banbury will also be considered.
Purpose of the Role
To provide a high quality service to clients in designated section and to contribute to the development of the practice under minimal supervision.
- Prepare client accounts, tax returns, and VAT returns based work from information supplied by client to the required standards
- Identify points for Partner to raise with clients and to raise potential areas for additional services including added value services and advice
- Finalise paperwork for dispatch to clients and HMRC in a timely manner meeting required deadlines and quality
- Liaise with clients to obtain relevant information for their accounts, acting in a proactive way and ensuring attention to details and effective questioning of client
- Monitor own job quality and quantity in line with agreed budgets, meeting these targets and exceeding where possible
- Record own chargeable time and ensure maximum recovery
- Support trainees by providing on the job coaching
- Attend courses that are appropriate to job role
- Use appropriate support networks to clarify knowledge on complex queries such as CCH or software vendors
- Book-keeping, ledger maintenance, supplier maintenance and management accounts, as and when required
- Prepare client tax returns based on information supplied by client, advise on tax payable and payment dates and to meet deadlines in line with the firms standards.
- Assisting clients with accounts software and other book-keeping queries as required.
- Involvement in client seminars including attendance and set up where required
- Involvement in networking and business generation under the guidance of more senior team members.
- Generation and referral of leads to Ellacotts Wealth Planning Limited
Critical Skills Required:
- Ability to Prepare client accounts, tax returns, and VAT returns quickly and efficiently
- Strong computer literacy
- Strong active listening skills
- Excellent problem resolutions skills and idea generation ability
Critical Knowledge Required:
- In depth accounts prep Knowledge
- Knowledge of Accounting systems including, CCH, Xero, Sage line 50, Farmplan, Compac and other software as required. Knowledge of their uses and benefits
We are ideally looking for someone ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified, however we will look at unqualified with significant proven experience.
Essential: Minimum of 2 years proven accounts experience within a practice environment
Desirable: Experience with cloud accounting software such as Xero
Agricultural Sector experience
- Strong presence
- Excellent communication skills
- Quickly builds rapport and trust
- Highly confidential
- Good networker
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and energetic
- Achiever and self-motivated
- Analytical - quick thinker
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.