Accounts Manager (Qualified, Practice)
Our prestigious and successful clients are looking to recruit for their luxurious central Oxford office. You will already be an experienced Accounts Manager, who is looking to take on more responsibilities and have more impact.
With significant practice experience, this individual is likely in time to be elevated to Senior Accounts Manager and possibly even Director. A key role in growing the compliance division, the individual will have the chance to enrol on the Management Development Programme, run every 3 years, which will commence soon.
With 100 staff in the firm and key values of expertise, respectfulness, innovation and collaboration, this is an excellent time to join.
The firm can offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
- 25 days holiday & holiday trading - the opportunity to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Flexible working
- Wellbeing and mental health programme
- Attractive modern Oxford office
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- An immediate start on our Management Development Programme comprising of a blend of taught modules, mentoring and a personalised career development plan
- Director level Manager who will champion your career progression
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
With a large degree of autonomy, your core responsibilities will include:
- Support the practice in innovating. Identify ways to improve our way of working, our processes and systems and lead projects to bring about change.
- Build long lasting client relationships. Develop and apply your technical and commercial knowledge to provide expert advice.
- Proactively manage a diverse portfolio of clients
- Deliver high value business advisory services including recommendations for business improvements
- Participate in business development and marketing activities including networking in the business community to develop own external profile as well as the Shaw Gibbs brand
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
- Work with other accounts managers to actively manage workflow and work allocations within the division
- Work with the Head of Compliance to set KPIs for the division together with managing group and individual team member’s performance against targets. (KPIs include chargeable time, recoverability, work turnaround timescales, quality)
- Work collaboratively with other Managers and the Directors to ensure quality of output and efficiency in process across the wider accounts team
- Prepare and review working papers, statutory accounts and management accounts for a wide range of business entities across many sectors
- Prepare and review corporation tax computations and returns
- Line manage, develop and mentor junior staff including overseeing work and assisting team members to support their performance and career development
- Maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
- Input in to service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
Requirements for the role are:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Significant UK practice experience - minimum of 8 years’ experience and at least 3 years of team management experience
- University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 good A-Level results (or equivalent)
- Experience of managing a medium/large portfolio of clients
- Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations
- Proven ability to design, implement and manage systems and processes using the latest technologies
- Experience of developing new business is preferred, however we will consider candidates who have the competencies and appetite to perform this as part of their role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and client relationship management skills
- Highly commercial and analytical and an avid problem solver
- A proactive approach, prepared to go the extra mile
- Strong IT skills, able to pick up new IT packages quickly & good working knowledge of systems such as Xero, SAGE, Quickbooks & Excel
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.