Are you looking for a new and exciting role with outstanding training and development at a top 100 accountancy practice?
Do you want to be an integral part to their evergrowing outsourcing team and enjoy a varied role?
our client is a Top 100 independent accountancy, financial services and insolvency practice with offices in Oxford and London. Despite lockdown, it is very much business as usual, but with all staff currently working remotely from home.
Their culture is very important to them and is based on their company values of collaboration, respect, innovation and expertise. They are known for having a friendly and supportive team where everyone receives training and development not just on technical knowledge but also on commercial and soft skills. They pride themselves on hiring people who are curious, people who enjoy looking for better ways of doing things and who thrive on using technology.
With a strong focus on innovation and technology, they help their clients make informed decisions on how to grow their business. Clients range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international subsidiaries.
Key responsibilities for the outsourcing junior position are:
- Building productive working relationships within the firm and their clients •
- Using a variety of accounting software packages including CCH, Sage and Xero
- Assisting with the preparation of management accounts and completion of VAT returns
- Preparing opening balance journals
- Processing sales and purchase invoices and reconciling the bank account
- Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training and formal qualifications
• Competitive salary and benefits package including flexible working, pension, life assurance and a fantastic retail discount scheme
• Generous holiday allowance + ability to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
• Full funding and support to complete the AAT qualification, including study leave & time off for exams
• Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors • An experienced manager to support your development and provide day to day guidance
• A Buddy to help you get up to speed during your first few months • Modern, refurbished, open plan office • A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed About You You must have at least 2 years’ experience working either in a varied industry role or UK accountancy practice preferably in an outsourcing team. You will also have:
• Educated to A Level or higher e.g. degree
• AAT qualified or part qualified
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent IT skills, specifically Xero and able to pick up new software packages very quickly
• A positive, confident and proactive attitude
• Ability to priorities and meet tight timeframes with high quality output • Enjoy working as part of a team and self-motivated
• QuickBooks Online, Sage and CCH experience would be an advantage
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.