This is an opportunity to join a friendly established Accounts practice in Thatcham and would suit an AAT Qualified, part-qualified or Qualified by Experience candidate.
Previous experience of working in a professional accountancy practice is essential, as is the ability to cope with the records of a wide range of clients and able to demonstrate strong skills in the essential duties.
Essential duties include:
- Accounts preparation to trial balance, for monthly, quarterly and year-end accounts
- Preparation and input of period end accruals, prepayments and other journals
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns for clients under MTD
- Book keeping including reconciliations and control accounts
- Ability to interpret and use the output from client’s accounting systems
- Meeting deadlines is a major part of our work
- Happy to have client interaction
- Confident computer skills
- Experience with accounting software packages. Use of Sage, Kashflow, various cloud based packages
- Iris software for year-end accounts and taxation
Study support is available where appropriate.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.